Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Catching up on podcasts ...

Believe it or not, these pages originally started largely as a place where I could stick facts, thoughts, articles, podcasts and other such things that I thought a few friends might find interesting, and I would have in a place that I could go review them quickly when I wanted.  I also used it as a means for thinking through issues that I found interesting and important.  The discipline of exposing them to the public caused me to think about and test them thoroughly before hitting "publish."

Somewhat surprisingly, others started reading and listening to the pages, then more, then more.  I appreciate that, but occasionally forget the starting focus, as a placeholder for my various thoughts (and apparently, as an occasional one-stop shop for the Governor's opposition research team).

So, to catch up ...

Aug. 28, 2013 Guest on The Casey Reynolds Show (appeared on the 8:30a segment [which starts at 20:46 of the podcast] to discuss sustainable budgets and the House Task Force on Sustainable Education, which started hearings that afternoon).  Casey continued the discussion with his comment at the beginning of the next hour.)

Sept. 3, 2013 Guest hosted The Casey Reynolds Show.  What we covered:
  • First hour:  Music in Alaska (first quarter hour), education in Alaska (8:15 - 8:45, Guest:  Andy Holleman, President of the Anchorage Education Association), more music in Alaska (final quarter hour, I was on a roll).
  • Second hour:  My thoughts on spending in Alaska (first quarter hour), spending in Alaska (remainder of the hour, Guest:  Rep. Charisse Millett).
  • Third hour:  View from the Alaska Chamber of Commerce (10:00 - 10:30, Guest:  Rachael Petro, President), the best college course I ever took and why I am taking it again (10:30 - 11:00, Guest:  Willie Hensley).
Sept. 8, 2013 Guest on "It's About Energy:  Alaska News and Views," a weekly blog radio show hosted by Sherry Whitstine (aka "AKSyrin") (appeared on the last half of the show, starting at 14:15 of the podcast).

No comments:

Post a Comment